• Homeowners Insurance

    Protect Your Most Valuable Assets
    Against Loss And Claims.


Homeowners Insurance

Homeowners insurance provides protection from damage or loss of property caused by accidents and perils like fire, windstorms, hail, lightning, theft or vandalism.

It pays to repair or rebuild your home if it is damaged or destroyed by such perils, and pays for additional living expenses if such a tragedy were to happen.

It also covers you if your are held legally responsible for injuries to others or damage to their property when they are on your premises.

Here are some of the Homeowner Insurance coverages we offer:


This is the most common type of homeowner’s insurance. It’s a packaged policy that offers coverage for the following:

• Dwelling coverage for the structure of your home excluding the land.  This covers the repairs or reconstruction of a home due to a covered loss to items like plumbing, electrical wiring, and heating/air conditioning.

• Other structures on your land such as garages, sheds, fences and guest houses.

• Personal property for items such as furniture clothing, electronics, appliances, jewelry, clothes, furniture, and electronics.

• Liability protection which covers your legal costs in the event of a lawsuit because you or a family member are responsible for causing damage or injury to another person or their property.

• Additional living expenses if you are temporarily unable to live in your home due to covered loss.

This kind of insurance is also known as an “open perils” policy, and covers all losses to covered property except those that are specifically excluded because they result from causes like Earthquakes and Floods.

Earthquake coverage is excluded from your primary policy, whether it is a home, condo or renters policy.

Earthquake insurance will help to rebuild your home, pay for you live elsewhere, and replace your personal belongings. We offer several affordable earthquake policies for you to choose from. You can purchase a stand-alone policy at any time.

For more information about Earthquake insurance, Click Here.

Floods are the number one natural disaster in the U.S.  Your plumbing can fail at anytime, without warning. And anywhere it rains, it can flood.

Nearly 1-in-4 claims are made in moderate-to low-risk areas.

The average flood insurance policy is about $650.00 a year. And in moderate to low-risk areas, homeowners can protect their       properties with low-cost Preferred Risk Policies (PRPs) that start at just $137.00 a year.

The average Flood claim during the past five years has been nearly $42,000.00.

While your landlord may be sympathetic to any losses you may have, they are not usually covered by your landlord’s insurance.

So, Renters Insurance was created specifically for those who rent the home, condo or apartment they live in. This insurance can provide financial protection against the loss or destruction of your possessions during your rental period.

Premiums are relatively inexpensive since these policies do not insure structures. By purchasing renter’s insurance, your possessions are covered against losses from fire or smoke, lightning, vandalism, theft, explosion, windstorm and water damage (Flood and Earthquake losses are excluded).

Like homeowner’s insurance, renter’s insurance also protects you against injuries to other people who might be injured at your home.

Additionally, renters insurance covers your living expenses if you are unable to live in your home due to a fire or other covered peril. Most policies will reimburse you the difference between your temporary living expenses and your normal living expenses. However, there may still be set limits on the amount that is paid.

Since a standard renter’s policy offers only limited coverage for items like jewelry, silver, furs, etc., purchasing a floater will provide additional insurance for your valuables and cover them for perils not included in a rental policy such as for accidental loss.

There are several elements to a condo policy. In order to insure you properly, it’s important to know what your homeowner association (HOA) covers. Your HOA can provide you with a copy of the insurance policy for your community.

Normally an HOA policy covers damage and loss to the structures in the association, but not any personal property. It will typically cover structural components of your unit like the walls, plumbing, ceilings, electrical, and unimproved flooring.

Here are some condo coverage options that step in to protect your personal property where your HOA insurance does not:

Personal Property Coverage
You’ll likely want enough condo insurance to repair or replace your personal items if stolen or damaged. Replacement cost value — which comes standard on almost every condo policy — will pay to replace items at their current value, without factoring in depreciation.

Interior Structure
Many condo owners should realize their insurance should cover items like floor coverings, wallpaper, inner walls, countertops, appliances and decor fixtures. These items are usually not covered under the HOA insurance, so it’s up to you to have protection.

Even if your HOA insurance covers the structure of your home, it is not likely to cover renovations you make like granite countertops, new shower stalls, updated light switches, or backsplashes.

If guests are hurt in your unit, your condo insurance can help cover the bills if you’re held responsible. If your dishwasher leaks and causes damage to a downstairs neighbor’s home, you would be covered under your policy. Personal liability limits begin at a minimum of $100,000.00. If you would like more protection, the limits can be increased to $300,000.00, $500,000.00 or $1,000,000.00.

Loss Assessment
Loss assessment coverage offers protection (up to the limits you choose) for losses your HOA might hold you responsible for, like damage to property in a common area. It is recommended that this coverage be a minimum of $50,000.00. The cost for this protection would be a little as $20.00 annually.

Scheduled Property
While it’s true that condo insurance can cover your personal property, some items have specific limits. For example, in a standard condo policy, jewelry coverage may have a limit of $1,500 per item. But you can add “scheduled property” coverage if you want to insure a piece of jewelry whose value exceeds $1,500. It is recommended that you have your valuables appraised every two years to make sure you are properly covered.

Loss Of Use
If your home is uninhabitable due to a covered loss, your condo insurance policy can provide coverage for your living expenses
if you need to live elsewhere while your home is repaired.

Any time you rent out your home, you need to purchase a Landlord policy. This will protect you from any claims made whether they are for liability, wrongfully eviction, slander, invasion of privacy or wrongful entry. It also protects you against loss of rental income resulting from a fire or other major incidents. If you rent out your home and have a homeowner’s policy instead of a landlord policy, any claims could be denied.

You should also note that if you make it a business to rent out your home on a short term basis (less than 30 days), you should consider Short Term Rental Insurance since a Landlord Policy may not provide the coverage you need.

A farm policy also known as a ranch policy covers both your home & farm personal property. It provides similar coverages to a Homeowners Policy, but also includes coverage for your farm tools, livestock, grain, and farm machinery. Farm Buildings and other related structures are also covered under the policy. With farm policies, we can customize the coverage to fit individual needs.

Contact Us

We Are Available M-F 8:00am to 5:00pm Pacific Time

Our Professional Agents Will Help With Your Quote, Policy Or Claim, And Find The Best
Solution For Your Insurance Needs.

Skip to content